|A Visit to Aurora and Lawrenceburg, Indiana|
By Ginger Drenning, August 23, 2009
Formed by proclamation of Indiana Territorial Governor William Henry Harrison March 7, 1803. Named in honor of Major General Henry Dearborn, Secretary of War.
The third county to be formed, it was originally much larger. Its present boundaries were established January 7, 1845.
First courthouse built 1810, second built 1828, present limestone courthouse built 1870 - 1871.
Erected 1976 by Dearborn County Bicentennial Committee.
39° 5.462' N, 84° 50.988' W.
Marker is in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, in Dearborn County.
Marker is on West High Street south of Mary Street, on the right when traveling south.
Llocated at the South East corner of the Dearborn County Courthouse Lawn in Lawrenceburg, Indiana.
Marker is at or near this postal address:
215 West High Street, Lawrenceburg IN 47025, United States of America.
See Dearborn County post