|Madison Railroad Station – Madison Indiana|
|Exploring Indiana's Historic Sites, |
Markers & Museums -
South East Edition
On the Heritage Center grounds is the restored Madison Railroad Station, a brick Victorian-era passenger depot noted for its octagonal waiting room that is over two stories tall. The Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, and St. Louis Railroad Company constructed the building in 1894. After discontinuing passenger service in 1935, the railroad used the building for storage until the 1960's. The Wilco Electric Company used the building until its purchase by the Jefferson County Historical Society in 1986. The Historical Society restored the structure and it now houses a railroad museum.
Madison Railroad Station
615 W. First Street